The Platform allows owners and other authorized managers ("Managers") of scuba dive shops, scuba dive clubs and/or any other scuba diving organization ("Dive shops") to add, edit and correct their profile details, scheduled dive trips, scuba diving courses and scuba diving related events in Diving Dude's database, and view analytics on usage of Diving Dude's service (the "Service").
Each Manager must complete the registration process by providing Diving Dude with current, complete and accurate information, as more specifically required by the then current registration and verification procedures. You represent and warrant that all registration information you submit is accurate and truthful. Diving Dude will use the contact and other information you provide to verify your identity and you hereby consent to Diving Dude contacting you directly or through automated means to do so. You are solely responsible for all activity that occurs on your account and shall be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Platform password. You shall never use another user's account without such other user's express permission. You will immediately notify Diving Dude in writing of any unauthorized use of your account, or other account related security breach of which you are aware. You agree that Diving Dude cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to keep your password secure.
You must keep your account information up-to-date and accurate at all times, including a valid email address and phone number. You may not transfer or sell your Diving Dude account to another party.
Certain features of the Platform and/or certain services and products made available to you through the Platform may be subject to payments now or in the future ("Paid Services"). Diving Dude uses a third-party payment processor (the "Payment Processor") to bill you through a payment account linked to your account on the Platform (your "Billing Account") for use of the Paid Services. The processing of payments will be subject to the terms, conditions and privacy policies of the Payment Processor in addition to this Agreement. We are not responsible for error by the Payment Processor. By choosing to use Paid Services, you agree to pay Diving Dude, through the Payment Processor, all charges at the prices then in effect for any use of such Paid Services in accordance with the applicable payment terms and you authorize Diving Dude, through the Payment Processor, to charge your chosen payment provider (your "Payment Method"). You agree to make payment using that selected Payment Method. Diving Dude reserves the right to correct any errors or mistakes that it makes even if it has already requested or received payment.
You acknowledge and agree that the Platform and all content, information and other materials made available via the Platform are protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, trade secrets or other proprietary rights and laws or privacy laws, and Diving Dude (and its licensors) shall own and retain all rights, title and interests (including all intellectual property and proprietary rights) therein and thereto. Unless and only to the extent expressly authorized by Diving Dude, you agree not to or allow a third party to sell, license, rent, modify, distribute, copy, reproduce, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, publish, adapt, edit or create derivative works of the Platform or such content, information and other materials.
By uploading, posting, submitting or otherwise distributing any Content ("User Submission") via the Platform or which you otherwise provide to Diving Dude, you hereby:
1. grant and agree to grant to Diving Dude a non-exclusive, transferable, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free right and license (with right to sublicense) to use, reproduce, publicly display, modify, distribute, User Submission, in any form, in connection with the Platform (including without limitation, in connection with the Service); and
By way of example, and not as a limitation, you shall not (and shall not permit any third party to) either (a) take any action or (b) upload, download, post, submit or otherwise distribute or facilitate distribution of any Content on or through the Platform, including without limitation any User Submission, that:
1. infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity or other right of any other person or entity or violates any law or contractual duty;
2. violates any applicable law, statute, ordinance or regulation (including, but not limited to, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, false advertising, or beverage alcohol advertising and marketing); 3. you know is false, misleading, untruthful or inaccurate;
4. is unlawful, defamatory, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another's privacy, tortious, obscene, offensive, or profane;
5. constitutes unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, junk or bulk e-mail ("spamming");
6. contains software viruses or any other computer codes, files, or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, damage, limit or interfere with the proper function of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any system, data, password or other information of Diving Dude or any third party;
7. impersonates any person or entity, including any employee or representative of Diving Dude;
8. includes anyone's identification documents or sensitive financial information; or
You shall not (directly or indirectly):
1. take any action that imposes or may impose (as determined by Diving Dude in its sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on Diving Dude's (or its third party providers') infrastructure;
2. interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Platform or any activities conducted on the Platform;
3. bypass any measures Diving Dude may use to prevent or restrict access to the Platform (or other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Platform);
4. run any form of auto-responder or "spam" on the Platform or Site;
5. use manual or automated software, devices, or other processes to "crawl" or "spider" any page of the Site;
6. harvest or scrape any Content from the Platform or Service;
7. modify, adapt, appropriate, reproduce, distribute, translate, create derivative works or adaptations of, publicly display, republish, repurpose, sell, trade, or in any way exploit the Platform, Service or Site Content (other than your User Submissions), except as expressly authorized by Diving Dude;
8. decipher, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to derive any source code or underlying ideas or algorithms of any part of the Service (including without limitation any application or widget), except to the limited extent applicable laws specifically prohibit such restriction;
9. copy, rent, lease, distribute, or otherwise transfer any of the rights that you receive hereunder; or
10. otherwise take any action in violation of Diving Dude's guidelines and policies.
Diving Dude may terminate any user's access to all or any part of the Platform at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate your registration and account, you may do so at any time by following the instructions on the Platform.
Upon any termination, all rights and obligations of the parties shall cease and you shall immediately cease using the Platform, except that (a) all obligations that accrued prior to the effective date of termination (including without limitation, all payment obligations) and all remedies for breach of the Agreement shall survive and (b) the provisions of Sections 5, 7 and 9 - 14 inclusive shall survive. After termination, Diving Dude has no obligation to maintain any content in any user's account or to forward any unread or unsent messages to you or any user of the "Diving Dude" service or any other party. 9. Disclaimer of Warranties
THE Platform IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE". THE Platform IS PROVIDED WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, INTEGRATION, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ANY WARRANTIES IMPLIED BY ANY COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR USAGE OF TRADE, ALL OF WHICH ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED. DIVING DUDE DOES NOT WARRANT THAT: (A) ANY INFORMATION WILL BE TIMELY, ACCURATE, RELIABLE OR CORRECT; (B) THE Platform WILL BE SECURE, ERROR-FREE, UNINTERRUPTED OR AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR PLACE; © ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED; (D) THE Platform WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS; OR (E) ANY RESULT OR OUTCOME CAN BE ACHIEVED. YOUR USE OF THE Platform IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
You agree that Diving Dude shall not be responsible or liable for any unauthorized access to, alteration or use of your account, transmissions or data, or any material or data sent or received or not sent or received through the Platform. You agree that Diving Dude is not responsible or liable for any threatening, defamatory, obscene, offensive, illegal or other content or conduct of any third party or any infringement of another's rights, including intellectual property rights.
IN NO EVENT SHALL DIVING DUDE (OR ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSORS AND SUPPLIERS) BE LIABLE CONCERNING ANY SUBJECT MATTER RELATED TO THE Platform, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ANY CLAIM OR ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE), FOR ANY (A) MATTER BEYOND ITS REASONABLE CONTROL, (B) LOSS OR INACCURACY OF DATA, LOSS OR INTERRUPTION OF USE, OR COST OF PROCURING SUBSTITUTE TECHNOLOGY, GOODS OR SERVICES, © INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, RELIANCE, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOSS OF BUSINESS, REVENUES, PROFITS OR GOODWILL, OR (D) DAMAGES, IN THE AGGREGATE, IN EXCESS OF US$50.00 OR THE FEES PAID BY YOU FOR ACCESS TO THE Platform DURING THE PREVIOUS 12 MONTH PERIOD, WHICHEVER IS GREATER, EVEN IF DIVING DUDE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THESE LIMITATIONS ARE INDEPENDENT FROM ALL OTHER PROVISIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT AND SHALL APPLY NOTWITHSTANDING THE FAILURE OF ANY REMEDY PROVIDED HEREIN.
SOME STATES AND OTHER JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
You agree to (a) defend Diving Dude and its employees, contractors, officers, directors and representatives against any action or suit that arises out of your use or misuse of the Platform, any transaction or other dealings with any other user or other third party in which you are involved, or your breach of any of your representations, warranties or covenants under this Agreement and (b) indemnify Diving Dude for settlement amounts or damages, liabilities, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees) awarded and arising out of such a claim. Diving Dude reserves the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will assist and cooperate with Diving Dude in asserting any available defenses.
A printed version of the Agreement and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to the Agreement to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form.
The Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore. In the event of any conflict between Singapore and foreign laws, rules and regulations, Singapore laws, rules and regulations shall govern. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods shall not apply to the Agreement. You expressly agree that the exclusive jurisdiction for any claim or action arising out of or relating to the Agreement or use of the Platform shall be filed only in Singapore, and you further agree and submits to the exercise of personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purpose of litigating any such claim or action. Use of the Platform is not authorized in any jurisdiction that does not give effect to all provisions of the Agreement, including without limitation, this section.
This Agreement, in addition to any other written agreements, you may have entered into with Diving Dude regarding specific services, are the entire agreement between you and Diving Dude with respect to the Platform, and supersede all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals (whether oral, written or electronic) between you and Diving Dude with respect to the Platform. If any provision of the Agreement is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision will be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that the Agreement will otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable.
Your rights and obligations under the Agreement are personal to you, and are not assignable, transferable or sublicensable by you except with Diving Dude's prior written consent. Diving Dude may assign, transfer or delegate any of its rights and obligations hereunder without consent. All waivers, consents and modifications must be in a writing signed by both parties, except as otherwise provided herein. No agency, partnership, joint venture, or employment relationship is created as a result of the Platform or Agreement, and neither party has any authority of any kind to bind the other in any respect. All notices under this Agreement will be in writing (including electronically) and will be deemed to have been duly given when received, if personally delivered or sent by certified or registered mail, return receipt requested; when receipt is electronically confirmed, if transmitted by facsimile, e-mail or through the service; or the day after it is sent, if sent for next day delivery by recognized overnight delivery service.